Last month we held an informative Epicor Eagle Best Practices Webinar
focused on how to run an effective training program. The webinar features Katie Hendricks from Reeves Ace Hardware. Hendricks shares what Reeves Ace Hardware
is doing to run an effective training program and the impact they are seeing in the business.
A common theme that runs through profitable and successful companies is a strong employee training program. Effective employee training can give your business a significant edge on employee retention, customer satisfaction and retention, and bottom line profitability. As an independent retailer, making this happen can be challenging.
“Training is everything to a business. Embracing technology was the key for our business and a simplified Epicor Training on Demand program has empowered our employees to be better at their jobs,” said Katie Hendricks, training manager at Reeves Ace Hardware.
Reeves Ace Hardware operates five locations and has been in business for 85 years with plans to stay in business for another 85 years. Hendricks also talks about how the business is driving an effective training program to ensure employees have the knowledge and skills they need to provide superior customer service and continued business success. She provides great tips to help retailers improve employee skills (ultimately driving morale), which noticeably improves customer service and business performance. The following are a few key points how retailers can achieve success in training:
- Boost employee confidence and customer satisfaction by giving staff the knowledge they need up-front, followed by on-the-job practice
- Enjoy real productivity increases in key retail areas like inventory management, POS, etc.
- Keep the entire team knowledgeable with a central hub for resources, safety, benefits, outside classes, and more
- Create a culture of ongoing learning with incentives at both individual and management levels
- Easily assign training courses and manage the training process
Help staff wary of technology
by letting them learn at their own pace and reward them for completing training. For more information about Epicor Training on Demand, please email email@example.com
Posted by Jenny Kois, Learning Services Manager, Epicor