Product Data Management Software
Product data management (PDM) serves as a central knowledge repository for process and product history, and promotes integration and data exchange among all business users who interact with products — including project managers, engineers, sales people, buyers, and quality assurance teams.
Epicor offers software solutions for manufacturers that manage the information traditionally contained in engineering documents, plant floor routings, change orders, sales orders and quality documentation, within a single solution that shared across the enterprise. Epicor PDM handles all aspects of a product’s lifecycle, as well as enabling enterprises to control the enormous amount of electronic documents that they produce — supporting collaboration throughout the value chain.
Product Data Management Solutions
- Bill of material (BOM) management to support single-level part formats that recognise the materials and components required to build end parts
- Multi-level BOM management incorporating single-level components and material requirements with internal and external routing steps for complete end assembly visibility, planning, scheduling, and costing
- Detailed routings that supports planning, scheduling and costing products more efficiently
- Automatic communication of changes to plant floor with visibility of latest routing production details as well as standards and resource requirements
- Full engineering change control and management, multiple revision control of products, engineering workflow management, and detailed cost analysis of products during the engineering process
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) offers a central knowledge repository for process and product history, with interfaces to numerous computer aided design (CAD) systems
- Flexible and accurate analysis of product costs on a customer-by-customer, part-by-part, and job-by-job basis
- On-the-fly configuration of highly customisable and dimensional products via a straightforward question and answer evaluation, accessible from quote, order, job or work order entry