New Survey Finds the Key to Improving Customer Experience
A new IDC Manufacturing Insights report has uncovered the importance of a customer-oriented strategy for successful manufacturers. The report also discovered just how vital ERP solutions are in helping manufacturers improve their customer experience.
Some statistics from the survey include:
- Only 9% of leading companies have fully realized the importance of creating a customer-oriented culture and process workflows to generate superior customer experience
- In companies with 100–1,000 employees, over 90% of respondents indicated that their ERP has limited, little or no contribution towards the delivery of a good customer experience. The opposite holds true for larger companies with more than 5,000 employees
- Better integration seems to be an enabler of an improved customer experience in larger companies where there is a higher instance of single ERP systems. In particular, nearly 75% of large manufacturers with 5,000 employees or more indicated that their ERP is a vital platform for delivering a good customer experience as it connects the back and front office operations
- The reality across the majority of small and midsized enterprises is that they possess numerous home-grown systems (nearly 40% for manufacturers with 100–1,000 employees) or no ERP at all. This creates a lack of timely information as data is stored in too many different IT systems that are loosely connected, making it difficult to influence customer satisfaction even at the most basic level
- Only 30% of respondents indicated continued relationships were influenced by meeting product expectations and only 6.5% based continued business with a supplier on their ability to support and deliver a product.
- Conversely, as sellers the focus is less about cost but more about delivering a good product and service to customers. Respondents are working hard to meet product/service features and function expectations (60%) and believe their customer will continue buying if they greatly deliver and support their product and service (29.8%).
Over the next few years, manufacturers have to prioritize initiatives aimed at improving the customer experience as it evolves, or face the consequences. Competing by lowering costs and increasing product functionality doesn’t hold in the long term.
Modern businesses need to combine technology and processes with an embedded customer-oriented culture at all levels of the organization to ensure they stay ahead of the shift. An open and flexible ERP solution is an essential tool to consistently achieve inspiring customer experiences over time that will help the business to flourish and grow.
To view the infographic and download a full copy of the white paper for manufacturers, entitled “Get Customers Inspired: How Modern ERP Can Support Greater Customer Experience,” visit: http://www.epicor.com/company/customer-experience-idc-report.aspx.
Posted by Epicor Social Media Team