Getting the Most Out of Your Epicor Prophet 21 ERP Investment
Implementing an enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution is not a “once and done” activity. It is vitally important to continue proper maintenance, reviews, and education for your company’s system and employees after go-live.
Whether you went live last week, last month, last year, or several years ago, there are a number of things you can do to get the most out of your system. Like many Epicor Prophet 21 users, you have probably spent a lot of time and effort getting ramped up. Now that you are fully up to speed on the system, it is important to keep the momentum going by developing a timeline for leveraging additional features and processes that will have the greatest impact on improving your business.
Immediate action items after go-live can include:
- Gathering feedback from your management team on current system usage, challenges and desired improvements
- Determining priorities for the next year
- Developing a Business Continuity Plan to protect your data and put failover solutions in place
- Reviewing the Epicor Learning Management System (LMS) for employees with incomplete courses
In the months following, you can:
- Review Business Alerts to optimize productivity and profitability
- Assign additional LMS courses that were not a priority during implementation
- Take advantage of DynaChange to alter the appearance of screens to suit the needsof your employees and business processes, and create your own drilldowns from any field in the Prophet 21 system
- Opt-in for e-mail alerts from the Epicor Customer Web Site
- Develop a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategy
- Assign shortcut and efficiency training courses to all end users
- Conduct a process review to prevent the inadvertentintroduction of bad habits
- Create a Business Intelligence framework for your organization
- Review new feature training courses
Epicor Business Consultants can provide you with additional recommendations, roadmaps and checkpoints to advance your business with Prophet 21.
Posted by Epicor Social Media Team