Product Data Management Software
Product Data Management (PDM) software serves as a central knowledge repository for process and product history. Product management software promotes integration and data exchange among all business users who interact with products—including project managers, engineers, sales people, buyers, and quality assurance teams.
Product Management Software for Manufacturers
Epicor offers powerful product management software solutions for manufacturers that manage the data traditionally contained in engineering documents, plant floor routings, change orders, sales orders, and quality documentation, within a single solution that is shared across the enterprise. Epicor PDM software handles all aspects of a product’s lifecycle, as well as enabling enterprises to control the enormous number of electronic documents that they produce—supporting collaboration throughout the value chain.
Epicor PDM software provides manufacturers with a comprehensive solution designed to optimize all phases of product management. Software functionality includes:
- Bill of material (BOM) management to support single-level part formats that recognize the materials and components required to build end parts.
- Multi-level BOM management incorporating single-level components and material requirements with internal and external routing steps for complete end assembly visibility, planning, scheduling, and costing.
- Detailed routings that support planning, scheduling and costing products more efficiently.
- Automatic communication of changes to plant floor with visibility of latest routing production details as well as standards and resource requirements.
- Full engineering change control and management, multiple revision control of products, engineering workflow management, and detailed cost analysis of products during the engineering process.
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) offers a central knowledge repository for process and product history, with interfaces to numerous computer aided design (CAD) systems.
- Flexible and accurate analysis of product costs on a customer-by-customer, part-by-part, and job-by-job basis.
- On-the-fly configuration of highly customizable and dimensional products via a straightforward question and answer evaluation, accessible from quote, order, job, or work order entry.
Have questions about Epicor PDM and Product Management Software Solutions? Please call us at +1-800-999-6995, chat with a specialist, or send us an e-mail .