Trading Partner Connect
Trading Partner Connect, an Internet trading network for distributors and their manufacturers/suppliers, streamlines the supply chain by providing distributors with greater access to inventory, the ability to sell slow-moving or dead items, and a vehicle for conducting EDI without incurring VAN charges.
Distributors don't want to tell their customers that they can't get an item for them. With Trading Partner Connect, distributors can access a real-time catalog of millions of items, directly from their Epicor ERP solution, enabling them to compete on a larger scale and improve customer service. This avoids the time-consuming process of calling around to multiple suppliers in search of a specific item and the risk of your customer going to a competitor for that item.
In addition, distributors now have a means for unloading slow-moving or dead inventory without having to do a write-off or fire sale. As the saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure. Trading Partner Connect allows you to post selected inventory in a secure, trusted environment for other distributors to purchase.
Trading Partner Connect also affords distributors an easier and less expensive way to conduct EDI. You only need to map your inventory document to the trading network once, unlike traditional EDI, where you would be forced to map every time you take on a new EDI partner. This model saves distributors a significant amount of time and headaches, and eliminates VAN charges in the process.
Trading Partner Connect offers several other benefits for both distributors and their manufacturers/suppliers:
- Quickly source items from trusted trading partners in a secure environment
- Increase available inventory without capital investment
- Access better pricing and avoid minimums
- Increase sales to other distributors
- Conduct integrated supply
- Decrease carrying costs
- Automatically import invoices
- Receive automatic order acknowledgements
- Enhance collaboration and share point-of-sale information
- Automatically process payables with reconciliation
- Streamline electronic funds transfers
- Reduce mistakes associated with manual data entry
- Maintain your unique item codes when transacting with other members
- Streamline Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
Currently, there are more than 1,800 distributors and more than 300 manufacturers/suppliers buying, selling, and exchanging data via Trading Partner Connect, with a catalog of more than 37 million items. First launched in 2001, Trading Partner Connect continues to be a competitive weapon that allows distributors of any size to decrease inventory, cut costs, and improve their customer service levels.
For the full Epicor Trading Partner Connect story, call 1.800.776.7438 and speak with an Epicor solutions specialist or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.